Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Awaken the voiceless why.

VOICELESS

I have something to say. I have beliefs and an opinion, but I have no voice. It was stolen, stolen by a sickness of words. A disease of language passed down from my ancestors. It is important that you can hear me and I have found a chance to reach you. I want to overcome the words of labels and lies and beat this affliction. Will you hear me? If you choose not to listen to me or hear my words then ask youself 'why?'. Keep asking yourself this until you find the truth. Then you may not need me.

WHOOOOOO ARE WE

Can you see me? If you think you can see me then ask yourself what you see. Who am I? A man. White. Gay. Liberal. Crazy. Paranoid. Am I a label?-complete with corresponding instructions? Can you completely shut me out based on my label?
Would you? I didn't choose my label and you do not have to act according to yours. You see? Thats the real dangers in labels- you start to believe your own...and act accordingly. The funny thing is: your label has as much to do with what you are "not" as much as it does what you are. We've become the negatives of our opposition. If "they" are this then "we" are not. We're pitted against eachother in order to define who we are. Do we really need an enemy to define ourselves like some saturday morning cartoon. Every good hero needs a great enemy. You know you've heard it. Their very struggle defines them. Is this true for real life? According to our actually history and corresponding beliefs and actions then yes it does, absolutely. I think, somewhere along the way, we fell in love with the fight and forgot who we were fighting . We have been divided as a race. Look around what do you see? Americans-Christians-Muslims-Blacks-Whites-Iraqis-Gays-Men-Women-Democrats-Republicans-Liberals-Conservatives-----Did any of those words make you cringe even just a little? Have you ever thought negatively of any people associated with those groups at any given time? Are any one of those words NOT a 4 letter word to descibe the "opposition"? Maybe it's just me, but I doubt it. Is this all we are? We are human beings and we deserve better than this. Be you.

WHY?

Why are you who you are? To be or not to be? That is really really the question isn't it? Are you what you choose "to be" or what you choose "not to be". Apply this question to many truths. Don't be affraid to question. You have been taught to accept and that to question is wrong. Just ask-Why?

Q: Why am I comelled to write this?
Q: Why do I feel the need to stand up and speak out?
Q: Why am I being so annoyingly wordy?

A: I am passionate about my beliefs and feel they are important.
A: I believe you are in trouble and I want to warn you before it's too late. I will accept the ridicule in exchange for the chance
to reach one other soul who may be inspired to reach another.
A: I am just annoyingly wordy.

The purpose of the silly questions is to state the obvious: Motivation. What motivates me, what is my "agenda". My answers are the truth, I have no reason to lie. Yet my reasons are not what you see. I have a label and it came with an agenda. Agenda is a universal label enhancer usually attach to one of the previously mentioned labels. But what is agenda? Well according to this big ass dictionary next to me it's: "A list of things to be done, especially the program for a meeting.". Hardly sinister as a definition. Yet, somehow, if I said "Gay Agenda" I think I would be hard pressed to find someone who hears that as a positive. This may seem very silly, but some people believe there is an actual "gay agenda" to destroy the american family by ruining the institution of marriage and raising children to be gay. Although I'm sure some gays have a to do list that may even include "fight for equal rights" near the top-I doubt they have any intention on destroying the institution of marriage let alone recruitment. The same goes for the "Right Wing". I doubt that the active "Right Wing Agenda" is to be biggots who dish out God's will like mash potatos at a soup kitchen with an adversion to equal rights. It may be the belief of either side that the agendas above are true. The sad thing is that we allow them to be. We have chosen to be our labels. We have become the negative of our "opposition". Now we are divided and sorted into groups then guided along by our chosen leaders. We see the fight rage everyday between them and us, but its not them and us fighting. The fight we see is a coreographed play. Don't look behind the curtain...you might find reality.

I have heard many people referred to as "Hating America" because they don't agree with the war. I have heard peopled called "unpatriotic" because they want the troops home. I have heard many people called stupid conspiracy theorists because they don't believe the official 9/11 comission. Have you ever asked why?

Never forget the facts. Wether ot not you choose to believe any given evidence for any given reason-you simply can't ignore the facts. I just say that because sometimes the facts seem to be left off the label.

Wake up and ask why.

Awake

I'm awake and it sucks.
Everyone else is still sleeping and theres nothing I can do
I'm bored and have no-one to talk to
Oh no!!! There is a snake coming towards you!
He's in your bed! Wake up! Wake up!
You have to hear me! Wake up!
Why can't you hear me!!
Why why why!!! Wake up!
Wake up!!!!
Why?!!?!?! Why won't you wake up?!?!??!
Why??!?!



-Stevencody

No comments: